Venus Love-Me Chain
Vīnasu Rabu Mī Chēn
Sailor Venus's Chain (manga and PGSM)
Act 11 Reunion - Endymion (manga)
Venus Love-Me Chain is an attack used by Sailor Venus in all versions of the franchise.
This attack was used by Sailor Venus for the second and third seasons. The chain's links are shaped like golden glowing hearts. It can be used like a rope to bind enemies and save her allies, even herself.
It was once used in the third movie in her Super Sailor form as Super Sailor Venus as well as early episodes of the fourth season. In the DiC English dub it was called two different names. When it was used to trap her enemies it was called Venus Love Chain Encircle, and when it was used as an offensive attack it was called Venus Love Chain Blast. When Cloverway took over, it was just called Venus Love Chain Encircle as both when she traps her enemies and as an offensive attack.
In the manga, Sailor Venus would remove the chain from her waist and use it to attack her opponent.
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
In Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon, she can perform this attack with a different animation compared with the anime version but with the same orange and pink colours. Sailor Venus performed the attack the same way she did in the manga. Once removed, Sailor Venus' chain could extend to a very large size, and she used it as a whip to strike her enemies or to block attacks. In the Kirari Super Live, she attacked Zoisite and gold dust fell down upon her afterwards.
Sailor Venus first used this attack in Act 11 against a brainwashed Motoki Furuhata. She wrapped her chain around him, called out the attack name, and the chain shocked him with violently strong golden light. She has used this attack several times in the series. In Act 27 - Infinity 1, Premonition (Part 2) this attack was performed the same way as done in first anime against a cat Daimon.
This attack appeared for the first time in the very first musical, Sailor Moon - Gaiden Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen, where it was used against Kunzite.
This attack appeared in several video games.
- In Sailor Moon S:Kurukkurin and Sailor Moon S: Kondo wa Puzzle de Oshiokiyo!
- In Sailor Moon SuperS: Jougai Rantou!? Shuyaku Soudatsusen and Sailor Moon SuperS: Zenin Sanka!! Shuyaku Soudatsusen
- In Sailor Moon: Another Story
- Venus Love-Me Chain was the only new power-up attack from Sailor Moon R that was used beyond Sailor Moon SuperS in the first anime.
- This attack had many applications in addition to attacking enemies in the first anime:
- In episode 67, Sailor Venus used this technique to grab a boulder in order to slow down the flow of an active volcano.
- Sailor Venus used her chain to knock a space-time bomb out of Koan’s hands in episode 70. She also disarmed Petz in episode 72.
- In episode 113, Sailor Venus used this attack to grab U-Henshū’s arm to prevent her from attacking Sailor Moon and Sailor Uranus.
- It was used to grab Chibiusa and Hotaru while they were falling from a cliff in episode 118. She also saved herself and Sailor Pluto from falling into an abyss by securing her chain onto a cliff in episode 171.
- Sailor Venus attempted to bind ManeMane Musume with her chain in episode 152.
- The attack appeared briefly in the first opening of Sailor Moon S.
- In the third season of Sailor Moon Crystal, the animation of this attack has been retraced from the original 90’s animation.