Torn Between Duty and Friendship! Confrontation Among Sailor Senshi
|Shimei to yūjō no hazama! Sērā Senshi-tachi no tairitsu|
October 19, 1996
|NORTH AMERICAN DUB|
"Torn Between Duty and Friendship! Confrontation Among Sailor Senshi" was the 23rd episode of the fifth season of the Sailor Moon anime and the 189th of the overall series. It first aired in Japan on October 19, 1996.
Changes From the Manga
- In the manga, the Sailor Starlights were not as hostile towards the Solar System Senshi as they were in the anime.
- After the senshi identities were revealed the Three Lights continued going to school.
- Although Seiya and Usagi cared about each other, they weren't as close in the manga as they were in the anime.
- At the beginning of the episode, when Usagi is at school upset about Seiya, the original background music is a sad, melancholic song. The Mexican dub changed the song to a more cheerful one. The scene, however, was kept intact.
- In the Mexican dub, "Towards the Shooting Star" was completely removed. In order to replace it, an instrumental song was played.
- Sailor Mars used Mars Flame Sniper for the last time in the anime.
- The third and final animation sequence of Star Gentle Uterus was first featured in this episode.
- When Seiya autographed a board after the radio show ended, his signature was in fact Shiho Niiyama's, Seiya's Japanese voice actress in the anime.
- FM No. 10 is the same radio station that appeared in episode 3.