| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
"Champion of Justice", "Soldier of Light and Beauty", "Soldier of Love", "Soldier of Love and Beauty", "Soldier of Love and Hope"
Princess Venus, Sailor V, Sailor Venus, Super Sailor Venus, Super Senshi Sailor Venus / Venus New Version, Future Venus
Solar System Sailor Senshi, Artemis
13-16; 22 (30th Century)
This was the first Senshi form that Minako had ever had. This form first appeared in Codename: Sailor V. She would fight against the Dark Agency with Artemis at her aid. This form appeared in many continuations of the series.
Minako's Senshi identity and second Senshi form, this was the form Minako took on when fighting alongside the other members of the Senshi.
This is Minako's third senshi uniform in the anime and manga that she transforms into first during Act 39 of the manga by using her Venus Crystal, given to her by Artemis, but no new name is given. In episode 143 of the anime she has a similar transformation and the title Super Sailor Venus is used.
This was an manga exclusive transformation of Minako's in Act 42, this form was unnamed but was similar to Eternal Sailor Moon albeit without wings.
During the Silver Millennium, she was the ruler of the planet Venus and was the leader of those who protected Princess Serenity. She wore a yellow gown with frills running down it. In her hair she wore a yellow bow and a rose, she also wore a choker that was tied in a ribbon at the back. During her time as a Princess she dwelt in Magellan Castle.
Codename: Sailor V
When Minako first became Sailor Senshi, she took on the alias of Sailor V. Together with her feline Artemis she battles the Dark Agency, a branch of the Dark Kingdom. In Chapter 16, Minako regained her memories of her past, and transformed into Sailor Venus. After Danburite's fall, Minako goes on to find her comrades.
Dark Kingdom Arc
Sailor V has been mentioned many times throughout the beginning of the manga. However, she doesn't make a formal appearance until Act 7. In Act 7, after a video tape popped out of the Sailor V Game machine, the machine started to act weird. Sailor V then appeared on the screen and told Usagi that the video that just popped out of the machine was a brain-washing video that was sent by the Dark Kingdom.
Black Moon Arc
Sailor Venus is targeted by Ayakashi Sister Calaveras in Act 18 on the manga. Calaveras embarked on 004: Operation Rebirth and disguised herself as a medium. She persuaded the people of Tokyo that the Sailor Senshi were going to destroy Earth and the Black Moon were coming to save them. When Sailor Venus confronted her, Calaveras first summoned the spirits of Sailor Venus' friends - Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars and Sailor Jupiter - through several of the Senshi's closest friends and showed them being tortured. She then summoned the spirits of her dead sisters to throw an energy blast at Sailor Venus. However, before Sailor Venus could be kidnapped, Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask defeated Rubeus and then killed Calaveras.
Transformation Phrases and Items
Attacks and Weapons
- Crescent Beam
- Crescent Slender Beam
- Crescent Super Beam
- Venus Ten Billion Volt Rock N' Rouge
- Diphenhydramine Combo! Venus Brand Mosquito Repellent Incense Typhoon
- Venus Iron Muscle Punch
- Sailor V Kick
- Venus Power, Love Crescent Shower
- Sulphuric Fumes of Venus
- Sailor V Chop
- Crescent Boomerang
- Rolling Screw Sailor V Punch
- Venus Love, Megaton Shower
- Sailor V Rub-out Chop
- Crescent Beam Shower
- Venus Love Me Chain
- Rolling Heart Vibration
- Venus Wink Chain Sword
- Sailor Kick
- Sailor Planet Attack
- Sailor Planet Power
- Venus Love and Beauty Shock
- Venus Love and Galactica Shock
Her character design went through many changes before it was settled on the one used in publication. Earlier in development, each of the Senshi had a fully unique costume. Venus's costume was inspired largely by her Sailor V outfit. It was colored mostly in dark blue, with orange used only for the chest-ribbon (which was not bow-shaped and was shaped like the bow on her civilian school uniform), and included a crescent moon motif, prominent armor, and white and red stripes. Her red hair-ribbon and trademark Sailor V mask were also present. Also, her eye color was yellow. Later concept art showed a design that was much more closer to the final product, though with a couple of differences. In that design, her eye color was gold and she had a ring on her left hand. Other differences include yellow/ orange shoulder pads/sleeves, a ribbon around her neck that was tied in the back, and a yellow manicure.
As for her Sailor V design, in concept art, it was shown to have been similar to her Sailor V costume in the anime, only with the crescent moon on her forehead present. It was noted that the design included armor, as she shoulder pads and a chest protector. He image jewelry was noted topaz. Like the later Sailor Venus design, she had gold eyes.
- In the manga, Sailor Venus wore her chain around her waist. The Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite, wore a golden girdle which had the power to make anyone fall desperately in love with its wearer.
- Takeuchi has said that the reason Sailor Venus looks so much like Sailor Moon was in fact because it was her duty to take Serenity's place to keep her from danger.
- In Japanese, the name for the planet Venus is Kinsei (金星), which is the first kanji indicating a metal (especially gold), and the second indicating a celestial object. Unlike the other Senshi, her special abilities are not derived from the element in her planet's name, but are instead based on the concept of love. This is a reference to Venus, the Roman counterpart of the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite. However, metal does appear in her chain and she also had a few attacks with "crescent" in their names.
- In the manga, it was Venus who killed Queen Beryl with the Stone Sword, but in the anime, it was Princess Serenity who got rid of Super Beryl with the Moon Stick.
- Some fans think that Sailor Moon was the first Senshi to reawaken. However, it was technically Sailor Venus, considering she was famous before the start of the Sailor Moon series. Moreover, Sailor Moon herself was one of her biggest fans.
- Sailor Venus's Ayakashi Sister counterpart was Calaveras. Her Witches 5 counterpart was Mimete. Her Sailor Quartet counterpart was CereCere/Sailor Ceres. The Shitennou general she's paired up with in Takeuchi's artwork is Kunzite.
- Sailor Venus is on the cover art of volume five of the shinsouban and kanzanban editions of the manga.
- Sailor Venus - The Article on the Wikipedia