| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
Tokyo, Crystal Tokyo (30th Century)
Sailor Senshi, Student
Sailor V, Sailor Venus, Super Sailor Venus, Eternal Sailor Venus
Like the other members of the Senshi, she is given various titles in the series. The title "Champion of Justice" is the first title she was ever given. Other titles include: "Soldier of Light and Beauty", "Soldier of Love", "Soldier of Love and Beauty", and "Soldier of Love and Hope".
This was the first Senshi form that Minako had ever had. This form first appeared in Codename: Sailor V. She would fight against the Dark Agency with Artemis at her aid. This form appeared in many continuations of the series.
Minako's Senshi identity and second Senshi form, this was the form Minako took on when fighting alongside the other members of the Senshi.
This is Minako's third senshi uniform in the anime and manga that she transforms into first during Act 39 of the manga by using her Venus Crystal, given to her by Artemis, but no new name is given. In episode 143 of the anime she has a similar transformation and the title Super Sailor Venus is used.
This was an manga exclusive transformation of Minako's in Act 42, this form was unnamed but was similar to Eternal Sailor Moon albeit without wings.
During the Silver Millennium, she was the ruler of the planet Venus and was the leader of those who protected Princess Serenity. She wore a yellow gown with frills running down it. In her hair she wore a yellow bow and a rose, she also wore a choker that was tied in a ribbon at the back. During her time as a Princess she dwelt in Magellan Castle.
Codename: Sailor VEdit
Dark Kingdom ArcEdit
Sailor Venus and her cat Artemis join the Sailor group in aid to help save the earth from the Negaforce.
Black Moon ArcEdit
- Moon Power, Transform
- Venus Power, Make Up
- Venus Star Power, Make Up
- Venus Planet Power, Make Up
- Venus Crystal Power, Make Up
- Sailor Crisis Power, Make Up
Weapons and ItemsEdit
- Crescent Compact
- Transformation Pen
- Jewelry Star Bracelet
- Star Power Stick
- Crystal Change Rod
- Venus Crystal
- Stone Sword
- Microphone of Venus
- Striking Katana
- Love Whip
- Crescent Moon Cutter
- Venus Daggers
- Sailor Star Tambourine
- Teletia S
- Karaoke Crown Passport
- Sword of the Mystical Silver Crystal
- Crescent Beam
- Crescent Slender Beam
- Crescent Super Beam
- Venus Ten Billion Volt Rock N' Rouge
- Diphenhydramine Combo! Venus Brand Mosquito Repellent Incense Typhoon
- Venus Iron Muscle Punch
- Sailor V Kick
- Venus Power, Love Crescent Shower
- Sulphuric Fumes of Venus
- Sailor V Chop
- Crescent Boomerang
- Rolling Screw Sailor V Punch
- Venus Love, Megaton Shower
- Sailor V Rub-out Chop
- Crescent Beam Shower
- Venus Love Me Chain
- Rolling Heart Vibration
- Venus Wink Chain Sword
- Sailor Kick
- Moonlight Attractive Attack
- Sailor Planet Attack
- Sailor Planet Power
- Hissatsu Love Me Moon Chain
- Furious Random Crescent Beam Shots
- Venus Love and Beauty Shock
- Venus Love and Galactica Shock
- Venus Beam
- Venus Kick
- Chain Explosive
Her character design went through many changes before it was settled on the one used in publication. Earlier in development, each of the Senshi had a fully unique costume. Venus's costume was inspired largely by her Sailor V outfit. It was colored mostly in dark blue, with orange used only for the chest-ribbon (which was not bow-shaped and was shaped like the bow on her civilian school uniform), and included a crescent moon motif, prominent armor, and white and red stripes. Her red hair-ribbon and trademark Sailor V mask were also present. Also, her eye color was yellow.
- In the manga, Sailor Venus wore her chain around her waist. The Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite, wore a golden girdle which had the power to make anyone fall desperately in love with its wearer.
- Takeuchi has said that the reason Sailor Venus looks so much like Sailor Moon was in fact because it was her duty to take Serenity's place to keep her from danger.
- In the Russian dub of the anime series, Sailor V was referred to as Sailor Five after she meets the rest of the Senshi for the first time. The reason could be because she is the fifth member of the Senshi and/or it could have been a misinterpretation of the roman numeral of five, which looks like the letter "V".
- In Japanese, the name for the planet Venus is Kinsei (金星), which is the first kanji indicating a metal (especially gold), and the second indicating a celestial object. Unlike the other Senshi, her special abilities are not derived from the element in her planet's name, but are instead based on the concept of love. This is a reference to Venus, the Roman counterpart of the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite. However, metal does appear in her chain and she also had a few attacks with "crescent" in their names.
- In the manga, it was Venus who killed Queen Beryl with the Stone Sword, but in the anime, it was Princess Serenity who got rid of Super Beryl with the Moon Stick.
- Some fans think that Sailor Moon was the first Senshi to reawaken. However, it was technically Sailor Venus, considering she was famous before the start of the Sailor Moon series. Moreover, Sailor Moon herself was one of her biggest fans.
- Sailor Venus wasn't exactly a Senshi at this time, however, since she was not with any of the other Senshi and was treated like a separate hero until then.
- Also, because Sailor Moon is better known, some people seem to forget that Sailor V was the first one to be awoken. Some fans (mostly new ones) also go as far as to brand Sailor V as a 'Sailor Moon copy'.
- Also, technically, Sailor Venus was reawakened while Sailor Moon was awakened, as Sailor Moon did not exist back during the Silver Millennium.
- Sailor Venus's Ayakashi Sister counterpart was Calaveras. Her Witches 5 counterpart was Mimete. Her Sailor Quartet counterpart was CereCere/Sailor Ceres. The Shitennou general she's paired up with in Takeuchi's artwork is Kunzite.
- Sailor Venus - The Article on the Wikipedia