| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
"Soldier of the Afterlife", "Guardian of Time", "Soldier of Change", and "Soldier of Revolution".
Guardian of the Time - Space, Princess Pluto, Sailor Pluto, Super Sailor Pluto, Super Senshi Sailor Pluto, Future Pluto
18-20 (physically, but is already ageless)
Sailor Pluto is one of the four Outer Senshi of the Solar System, as well as the guardian of the Space-Time Door, and was the sixth Sailor Senshi to be introduced in the manga. Her civilian identity is Setsuna Meiou. Her attacks are based around time, the underworld, space, darkness, precognition, and powers granted by her orb. This is the original depiction of the character created by Naoko Takeuchi.
Sailor Pluto is stated to be the daughter of the Greek god Chronus (Not to be confused with the Titan Cronus) who Chibiusa calls upon to travel through time.
Black Moon arc
Sailor Pluto had been guarding the Time Gate since the Silver Millenium. One day, Chibiusa met Sailor Pluto and they became close friends. After Crystal Tokyo is attacked by the Black Moon, she stole Sailor Pluto's time key and travelled to the 20th century. When the sailor senshi Tuxedo Mask and Chibiusa travel to the Time Gate, Sailor Pluto attacks, trying to prevent them from using the gate until she sees Chibiusa and allows them to travel to the 30th century. When Prince Demande tried to connect the Silver Crystal of the past and future to end everything, Sailor Pluto stopped time, knowing it would cost her her life. Her death broke Wiseman's hold on Chibiusa and she became Sailor Chibi Moon.
She was reborn as Setsuna Meiou in the modern era, who is a student in science. When the Death Buster member, Tellu, sent out her plants, Telluns, Setsuna got one of these plants and she was attacked by it. She started remembering her past life. Michiru and Haruka were drawn to her as a fellow team mate and Setsuna awoke as Sailor Pluto.
Weapons and Items
- Dead Scream
- Time Stop
- Chronos Typhoon
- Garnet Ball
- Dark Dome Close
- Galactica Cannon
- Galactica Planet Attack
- Dimension Dance
- Strict Sweep
- Action Spinster
- Destiny Spinster
In the concept art in the Materials Collection, there is a sketch where Sailor Pluto has gray skin. Her belt and hair were also different and she looked younger. In another sketch that looks more like the final product, she isn't wearing her chain belt. The Garnet Rod also looked different.
- Pluto is named after the Greek god of the underworld. This is why her powers and attacks are centered around death and judgment. Can also explain why the dominant color of her uniform is black.
- After Pluto lost its status as "planet" in 2006 and instead became a "dwarf planet", some Sailor Moon fans often made jokes about Sailor Pluto.
- This, however, doesn't make her the only Senshi not named after a planet. Sailor Moon herself is named after Earth's moon, the Sailor Stars aren't named after any planet or major stars (they just have the word "star" in their name), and Tuxedo Mask isn't named after any sort of celestial body. Along with this, Sailor Cosmos isn't named after a specific cosmos.
- Even though the planet is considered a "dwarf planet" since 2006, it's still called a planet in the re-release of Sailor Moon manga.
- She is one of the three Outer Senshi who posses one of the Talismans needed to summon the Holy Grail and awaken Sailor Saturn.
- She is the first of the Outer Senshi to be introduced in both manga and anime.