| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
"Soldier of the Deep Waters", "Soldier of Depths" (Mixx manga only), "Soldier of the Sea", "Solider of Embrace", "Soldier of Comprehension", and "Solidier of Affinity".
Princess Neptune, Sailor Neptune, Super Sailor Neptune, Super Senshi Sailor Neptune
Solar System Sailor Senshi
March 6 (Pisces)
16-17; 23 (Crystal Tokyo)
Sailor Neptune's fuku consisted of a white leotard with a sea-green skirt, a navy-blue front bow, and a navy-blue back bow. The collar on her leotard was sea green and it did not have any stripes on it, and her shoulder pads had three layers. Her gloves were white with sea-green wrist fittings. She wore sea-green high heels with straps that criss-crossed (like ballet slippers). Her accessories were a gold tiara with a sea-green gem in the middle, her earrings were white studs and had some kind of planetary object surrounded by a ring dangling from them, and a sea-green choker with a sea-green gem with golden accents attached to it.
Transformation Phrases and Items
Weapons and Items
- Deep Submerge
- Submarine Reflection
- Submarine Violon Tide
- Galactica Violon Tide
- Sea Serpent Strangle
- Tidal Wave
- Dolphin Wave
- Dragon Rise
- Splash Edge
- Galactica Planet Attack
Sailor Neptune's character was not developed until partway through the Sailor Moon series, after the other Guardian Senshi had already been established. When she was created she was made along with Sailor Uranus, the pair was meant to be "complementary but opposite characters", and were meant to work along with Sailor Pluto from the beginning. Sailor Neptune's visual design is made to evoke images of her element, the ocean. The choice of her colours along with the wavy quality of her hair, which Takeuchi even joked, might be thought of as seaweed hair.
- In a 1996 interview with Animerica magazine, Naoko Takeuchi stated that while "Sailor Moon is closest to me in terms of personality; Sailor Neptune is the opposite."
- In Roman mythology, Neptune is the god of the sea.
- She, along with the other Outer Senshi, possess one of the Talismans needed to summon the Holy Grail and awaken Sailor Saturn.
- Sailor Neptune is one of the only Senshi (besides Sailor Mars) who possesses psychic abilities and the only Outer Senshi who has such powers.
- Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus are the only members of the Sailor Senshi who's backstory of becoming a Sailor Senshi had never been revealed in the manga.
- Sailor Neptune is killed and is given bracelets from Galaxia in the manga, but in the anime she voluntary sells her soul to Galaxia and is given bracelets.
- Sailor Neptune is on the cover art of volume eight of the reprint manga. On the kanzenban manga, Sailor Neptune appears on the cover of volume 6 along with Sailor Uranus.