| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
Azabu-Juuban, Minato-ku, Tokyo
"Soldier of War", "Soldier of Flame and Passion" under the guardianship of the "Fire Planet", "Soldier of Flame", "Soldier of Passion", and "The Guardian of War" (a title that Neo-Queen Serenity gave her)
Princess Mars, Sailor Mars, Super Sailor Mars, Super Senshi Sailor Mars / Mars New Version, Future Mars
Solar System Sailor Senshi
Dark Kingdom arc
Rei's awakening as Sailor Mars in the manga was shown in Act 3. After Rei and Usagi were transported into another world with victims of the kidnappings, Luna sent Ami to help Usagi. Rei was caught by Jadeite, and Usagi transformed into Sailor Moon and used Moon Frisbee, freeing Rei and restraining Jadeite. Luna orders Sailor Mercury to throw the extra pen she had given her earlier. As the pen passes by Rei, the symbol of Mars appears on her forehead, transforming her into Sailor Mars. She calls Phobos and Deimos, and performs Akuryo Taisan, turning Jadeite into dust. The Sailor Senshi are transported, along with the other victims of the kidnappings. Luna and Sailor Moon claim they are happy that they have found the third Senshi.
Black Moon arc
Transformation Items and Phrases
Attacks and Weapons
Like the other members of the Sailor Senshi, Sailor Mars's original design were fully unique. It featured an alternate bow, double shoulder guards, plate-armor, elaborate jewelry, and a gold rimmed mask. Her trademark high-heeled shoes were also already present. Also, the red pendant worn on her belt was also going to be worn on a necklace in her civilian form and could also produce fire. Originally, she could also shoot fire laser beams from her fingertips. Another note stated that in her civilian form, her eyes were always purple while in her Senshi form, her eyes were red.
It is noted that her outfit as Sailor Mars echoes the color of miko robes, making the character most tied into tradition.
Also, when Sailor Mars upgraded into her Super form, originally her hair was supposed to turn red. This was later cut out.
- Mars is the Roman god of war.
- Miko (shrine priestesses) are known for their archery skills. When Sailor Mars transforms into Super Sailor Mars, her main attack is the Mars Flame Sniper, which is a fiery bow and arrow.
- Sailor Mars is friends with two crows, Phobos and Deimos. This is reference to two of Mars's moons, which go by the same names. It's also reference to two of the Roman god Mars's sons, also with the same names.
- Sailor Mars and Sailor Neptune are the only Sailor Senshi to possess psychic powers, and Mars is the only Inner Senshi to do so.
- Sailor Mars's Ayakashi Sister counterpart was Koan. Her Witches 5 counterpart was Eudial. Her Sailor Quartet counterpart was VesVes/Sailor Vesta. The Shitennou general she's paired up with in Takeuchi's artwork is Jadeite.