| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
"Soldier of Thunder and Courage", "Soldier of Protection" under guardianship of the "Planet of Thunder", and simply "The Guardian of Protection"
Princess Jupiter, Sailor Jupiter, Super Sailor Jupiter, Eternal Sailor Jupiter
14 (arcs 1-2)
168 cm (5' 6⅛")
Sailor Jupiter wears a sailor suit with two colors: Green (scarf, boots, skirt, choker, gem of tiara, button of front bow, end of sleeves on gloves) and Pink (both bows, earrings). The rest of her out fit is white. Her tiara is the same base color as the rest of the Sailor Senshi's; gold. She is also seen wearing a light blue hair accessory as well as a pair of pink rose earrings.
As Super Sailor Jupiter, she wears an upgraded version of the Sailor Jupiter sailor uniform. The entire uniform is the same. The only things that have changed are the length of her back bow and the shape of the button on her front bow (circle to heart), along with a yellow star added to her choker. His boots are also the same.
As Eternal Sailor Jupiter, she wears an upgraded version of the Super Sailor Jupiter uniform. The scarf is still a dark green, along with the first layer of her skirt. The second layer of the skirt is a transparent green. Her front bow remains pink, while the back bow changes from pink to light green and has ribbons of the same color flowing from it. Her puffy white sleeves are now replaced with transparent green big puffy sleeves with the remainder of the sleeve being two dark green puffs. Replacing the usual button on her front bow is a green star-shaped button, the oval-shaped gem on her tiara is now a green star-shaped green gem, and the plain collar now has a green star attached to it. Instead of the original dark green tie-up boots, Eternal Sailor Jupiter now has a pair of white boots with a strip of dark green at the top with a gold star in the middle. Jupiter is still wearing her hair accessory and her pink rose earrings.
Sailor Jupiter is also princess of the planet Jupiter. She wears a green gown with two green roses, one on each side, that goes down to her toes and splits in two right above the knee and trails back. Her hair is tied up with a green ribbon with a pink rose in the middle. She has a green choker that is tied in a bow a the back, with the streams running down her back. Her symbol is always on her forehead. In addition to the choker, she also wears a necklace. She also has green heels with a strap across the ankle. She dwelt in Io Castle.
Makoto first transformed into Sailor Jupiter in Act 5. She was about to leave Game Center Crown and was getting a drink from a vending machine before Nephrite shadow disguised as a wedding bride controlled Motoki Furuhata to take her energy despite that only grooms where targeted. Mamoru Chiba saw this and changed into Tuxedo Mask to go warn Usagi and the others. When Usagi and the other Senshi arrive, they see the Youma transform back into its original form. Usagi then disguises herself as a groom with her Disguise Pen, distracted the Youma, and then transformed into Sailor Moon, along with the others transforming too. When Makoto realizes that it was all a trick, she gets mad and picks up the Youma. Makoto transforms into Sailor Jupiter and destroys Nephrite with Jupiter Thunderbolt.
Transformations Phrases and Items
Attacks and Weapons
Like the other Senshi's earlier costumes, Jupiter's was fully unique. It featured buckles, long gloves, blue and yellow highlights, a bare lower torso, a profusion of thin, dark pink ribbons, a face-plate and communicator. In other artworks, the outfit looked the same as the final product outfit but with a couple of differences, such as the addition of a belt (which was later added in when the manga was re-released) and the fact that she only wore one glove. Naoko Takeuchi later told the animators to make Makoto appear muscular and "a little meatier than normal".
- The planet Jupiter is known for its horrific storms. The Big Red Spot is actually an anticyclone storm.
- This may be the reason for Sailor Jupiter's lightning powers.
- In addition, Jupiter, the king of the Roman gods, was known for throwing lightning bolts.
- While Sailor Jupiter is part of the Inner Senshi, it should be noted that Jupiter is actually part of the Outer Solar System rather than the Inner Solar System.
- Sailor Jupiter's planetary symbol (♃) stands for the Roman god's thunder bolt, an eagle or the Greek letter zeta (Z) for Zeus, the analogous to Jupiter. The difference between the symbol used in the Anime/Manga and the scientific symbol is, that the transforming sign is more likely to be shaped like an on the tip opened four (4).
- In alchemy, tin used to be symbolized by ♃.
- Sailor Jupiter's Spectre Sister counterpart was Petz. Her Witches 5 counterpart was Tellu. Her Sailor Quartet counterpart was JunJun/Sailor Juno .
- The Shitennou general she's paired up with in Takeuchi's artwork is Nephrite.
- Nephrite has unconsciously took special interest to Makoto despite taking all the grooms for his target.
- Makoto/Sailor Jupiter's hair color is prominently more reddish than brown in the manga.
- Sailor Jupiter is on the cover art of volume four in the reprint manga.
- Sailor Jupiter is the physically strongest among the Sailor Senshi.
For images of the manga incarnation of Sailor Jupiter, please see Sailor Jupiter/Image Gallery.