Punish Them! The House of Fortune is the Youma Mansion
|Oshioki yo! Uranai HAUSU wa Yōma no Yakata|
1, Sailor Moon
March 14, 1992
|NORTH AMERICAN DUB|
“The Monster Mansion”
September 5, 2014
The Crybaby: Usagi's Beautiful Transformation (Viz)
The Mysterious Sleeping Sickness: Protect the Girls in Love (Viz)
"Punish Them! The House of Fortune is the Youma Mansion" is the second episode of the first season of Sailor Moon, and the second episode overall. The episode first aired in Japan on March 14, 1992. This episode has never been dubbed in the DiC English dub, but is in the Viz dub.
A new house of fortune opens up in the Juban District and quickly gains popularity for its accurate predictions. But soon, the customers who had their fortunes read begin to act violent, including Gurio Umino, a boy who has a crush on Usagi. Suspecting that this is the work of a monster, Usagi and Luna decide to investigate the situation.
Umino has a crush on Usagi, and accidentally gets her in trouble. He goes to a new fortune teller to find out what he should do to win Usagi's heart. The new fortune teller is actually the youma Balm in disguise. She brainwashes him.
The next day at school, he tries to steal a kiss from Usagi, and flips up Ms Haruna's skirt that has her light pink colored pantie with a happy face on it has been revealed. Naru and Usagi talk about Umino's behavior and realize that it started after he visited the fortune teller. Sailor Moon goes to the fortune teller's parlor and is attacked by lots of fainted boys under Balm's control. She forgets how to use Moon Tiara Action, but then she remembers, and defeats Balm.
The next day while walking to school, Naru tells Umino about what he did yesterday. He feels very guilty and ashamed. Usagi comes up, and he goes to apologize to her, and Usagi tells him not to worry.
Changes From the Manga
- This was the first episode of the series to be completely cut from the English line up, until Viz dubbed the episode. It was also the first episode to be cut from the Korean dub.
- The scene when Umino flipped Haruna Sakurada's skirt was cut out in the French and the Hungarian dubs.
Other Dub Episode Titles
- French: La Bonne Aventure
- German: Die Wahrsagerin ("The Fortune Teller")
- Hungarian: A jóslat hatalma ("The Power of Prediction")
- Italian: Vedo e prevedo
- Polish: Dom wróżki siedliskiem potworów
- Brazil: A casa da adivinha é um ninho de monstros ("The House of the Fortune Teller is a Nest of Monsters")
- Portugal: A casa da sorte é um ninho de monstros ("The House of Fortune is a Nest of Monsters")
- Mexico: La casa de la adivina es un nido de monstruos ("The House of the Fortune Teller is a Nest of Monsters")
- Spain: La casa de la buenaventura ("The House of Fortune")
- This is the first filler episode, as none of the events in this episode occurred in the manga.
- This was the first of six episodes that were completely cut from the DiC English dub, but is included in the Viz dub.
- The Tarot card Balm used to control Umino and her other victims was card XV, The Devil.