| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon - La Reconquista
|美少女戦士セーラームーン La Reconquista
Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn La Reconquista
September 13, 2013
September 23, 2013
|# of Performances||
Information revealed that the musical would be a new story, recounting the battles between the Sailor Senshi and the Dark Kingdom, who seek the Silver Crystal.
Naoko Takeuchi was involved with the auditions for that cast.
Apparently, the tickets were sold for 6800 yen (about 68 to 70 US dollars), but sold out a few days after the musical was announced.
It has also been revealed that like many of the previous musicals, La Reconquista is being recorded, and the musical will be released on DVD sometime in the future.
The plot was very similar to the plot of the first arc of the manga, but with many changes.
The musical begins with the Lemures Leader and and the lemures doing a musical number at the Game Show (Overture ~ Welcome! To The Game Show!). After the number, the inner sailor senshi, in civilian form, came and play different games on the TV's at the Game Show, with one of the games being a fortune-telling game that features the members of Momoiro Clover Z. After the senshi finish playing the games, The Lemures Leader introduces them to a new dating sim game titled "Pandemic Love", which features the upcoming boy band Pandemic 4, who are really the Shitennou in disguise. The Pandemic 4 then arrive to sing their new song, Erosion Boy.
After everyone leaves, Queen Beryl appears and sings a song (Revival! Queen of Tragedy). Afterwards, the Shitennou appears once again to explain that they have been gathering energy through their Pandemic Love game.
- Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity - Satomi Okubo
- Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury - Miyabi Matsuura
- Rei Hino/Sailor Mars - Kanon Nanaki
- Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter - Yuu Takahashi
- Minako Aino/Sailor Venus - Shiori Sakata
- Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask/Prince Endymion - Yuga Yamato
- Queen Beryl - Midori Hatsukaze
- Kunzite - Misaki Komatsu (original actress)/Mayu Iseki (replacement; see the notes section for more details)
- Zoisite - Ryou Saika
- Nephrite - Koro
- Jadeite - Root
- Lemures Leader - Mayumi Shintani
- Queen Serenity - Jamie Natsuki
- Misc. Lemures:
- Originally, Misaki was supposed to play Zoisite and Ryou was supposed to play Kunzite, but they switched roles due to unknown reasons.
- A few days before the musical, it was announced that Misaki had to withdraw from her role as Kunzite due to an illness. Misaki also made a blog post about the situation on her blog. Mayu Iseki was her replacement.
Note: There were no performances on September 17, as the actresses were taking a break that day.
- Overture ~ Welcome! To The Game Show!
- Erosion Boy
- Revival! Queen of Tragedy
- Love is Three Dimensional
- On the Scene!! Tuxedo Mask
- Memory Duo
- Line Up!! 5 Women of the White Moon
- Stairway to the Moon
- Sailor Battle La Reconquista
- Moon and Earth
- We are the Pretty Guardians
- Don't Forget
- We are the Pretty Guardians
- Moonlight Legend
Merchandise relating to the "La Reconquista" musical began appearing in late August 2013. Some of the merchandise will only be sold at the musical.
Also, it has been announced that the musical will be availiable on DVD. No release date has been given.
In early September, it was announced on Karatetsu's website that Karatetsu, a karaoke box chain, will add some Sera Myu songs to their list of songs to sing. This collaboration took place on September 10th and it ended on the 13th. The event also took place at three of their stores. The songs were:
|Number||Song Title||Number||Song Title|
|341982||I Miss You||339991||Double Moonlight Romance|
|237439||Innocent Demand||364919||Chasin' After You (Re-Mix)|
|485454||We'll Be The Last Victory||342054||The Birth of a Legend|
|164661||Everlasting Moonlight||237640||To a Brand-New World|
|453688||All Of You Shall Die||164668||We Can't Be Soldiers of Love Forever (21st Century Version)|
|478772||The Female Pirate's Strategy||164671||Traditional the Grace ~Storm of Love~|
|321516||Sanctuary of the Galaxy||164672||Drive Me The Mercury|
|368857||Rise Up! The Rebel Clan||418089||Dream - Dreams are Huge|
|378779||Bundle the Heart, Makin' For the Right||201868||Harsh! Saint Cry!!|
|372808||Unite the Hearts - Watchin' on the sight||523010||By Heaven! Only God Knows|
|164662||The Last Change (21st Century Version)||164674||FIRE|
|401780||Pure Narcissism||308178||Forbidden Hades|
|164665||Zigzag Slash||458008||Broken MÖBIUS|
|164667||Sailor War 2001||164679||Messenger of Flame|
|231389||Solar Miracle, Make Up||198728||Moment Fatal|
- "La Reconquista" means "reconquest" in Spanish.
- La Reconquista was was the name of a series of wars in the Iberian Peninsula to stamp out Islam in the Iberian Pennisula from the 7th to 15th centuries.
- The scene where the Lemures Leader and Usagi are having a conversation with each other is improv. For example, in some performances, the lines made about Queen Beryl's breast were removed. Another example was on some of the performances on the 15th, where the Lemures Leader comments on how annoying the typhoon is. On the same day, many people in Tokyo were told to stay inside because of strong winds and a possible typhoon.
- This is the first musical where all of the characters are portrayed by female actresses.
- Many people also refer to this as a Takarazuka musical (a musical where all parts are played by females). Naoko Takeuchi is a big fan of the Takarazuka Revue herself.
- This musical included the first Sera Myu appearance of Queen Serenity.
- Attacks used: Supreme Thunder, Venus Love Me Chain, Akuryo Taisan, Dark Reflection, Moon Tiara Flash, Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber, Sailor Teleport, Burning Mandala, Jupiter Thunderbolt, Rolling Heart Vibration, Mercury Aqua Mirage, Dark Power Magnum, Moon Princess Crash, Dark Power, Sailor Planet Attack.
- The scene where the Sailor Senshi try to take out the sword was from the manga, but in the manga, Sailor Venus was the one who pulled out the sword, while here in the musical, Sailor Jupiter is the one who pulled it out.
- In the musical, many scenes were taken and made very similar to the manga:
- In Act 10 the Inner Sailor Senshi teleport to the Moon and meet the spirit of Queen Serenity, who tells them about their past lives. The same is done in the musical, except that Mercury was not present.
- Queen Beryl uses dark energy in order to brain wash Mamoru/Prince Endymion and turns him into a pawn of the Dark Kingdom.
- The Silver Crystal surrounds the bodies of Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask and the Inner Sailor Senshi use their powers to reawaken the two, and subsequently die.
- Sailor Moon reunites with the Inner Senshi in the end and tell them "Let's go home".
- When the Shitennou are killed in the manga, they revert into the stone they are named for. When the other Shitennou kill Zoisite, he turns into a blue-purple Zoisite stone.
- In the manga, Prince Endymion was killed protecting Princess Serenity, who in turn, kills herself with his sword. This was shown during the flashback in the musical.
- Apart from Miyabi Matsuura, all of the Inner Senshis' actresses cried during the end of the last performance .