Moon Prism Power, Make Up
|Transformation phrase for...|
In the manga, the transformation is instant. All Usagi has to do is to cross her arms and say the phrase, and the next moment, she has transformed into Sailor Moon.
In the first anime, Usagi uses her Transformation Brooch. She first raised her hand and, from episode 7 onwards, her nails then sparkled and turned pink (before episode 7, only the front of Usagi's hand was visible). The focus turned to Usagi's face as her eyes blinked open, then the perspective pulled back to show her entire body outline, obscured by glowing colors with only her brooch visible. Usagi spun around several times and translucent pink ribbons wrapped around her body, forming her leotard, gloves and boots. Her skirt appeared, and she spun again as her tiara gem appeared on her forehead; the focus then moved close to her face and her tiara and odango covers materialized. Sailor Moon finished with her final pose.
The transformation sequence in the Crystal is very similar to the transformation sequence in the first anime but only with a few changes, with the fact that the transformation is in 3D computer animation being one of the changes.
As Usagi says the phrase, the camera pans out on an image of the moon. After the phrase is spoken, Usagi's brooch is shown sparkling. Usagi then raises her hand in front of the brooch and suddenly, her nails turn light pink. After this, ribbons wrap around Usagi's body, forming her leotard and choker. The bow on her leotard then begins to form as well. After the bow forms, ribbons wrap around Usagi's hands and feet to form her gloves and boots. Her earrings then appear on her ears and her skirt begins to form as well. A jewel then appears on her forehead and the tiara begins to form. After the tiara is formed, her odango covers and barrettes appear. Sailor Moon then poses, finishing the transformation sequence with red roses against a crescent moon.
In the live-action series, Usagi would strike a pose and call out "Moon Prism Power." She then waved her lipstick in front of her brooch, which made it light up, and applied the lipstick to her lips. She finished the phrase with "Make Up!" as she swept her arm over her head, turning her hair blonde and making her hair accessories appear. She held a pose as she spun several times, her entire body glowing, and her leotard appeared. She waved her hands over her legs, making her boots appear, then held up her arms as white ribbons wrapped around them, forming her gloves. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and her choker materialized, then she spread them wide as her bow and skirt formed. She slowly moved into her final pose, her tiara appearing as her hand passed in front of her face, and finished in her pose as a crescent moon shone behind her.
- The background music for the transformation in the first anime, is the same as the music that is heard in the first seasons eyecatch. This is the only transformation or attack music from any season of the anime so far that is featured on an eyecatch.
- The background music was changed in the DiC Entertainment English dub of the anime to the Moon Crystal Power music, though some repeats in local syndication restore the music to its anime version in Japan. The DiC Entertainment English dub of the anime also removed the line, "Make Up!" and just left it as "Moon Prism Power".
- The Portuguese dub of the second version of the transformation in the first anime was slightly edited. In this version, when Usagi said her transformation phrase, a frame of the back of her hand (without the nail polish) was freeze framed. After she said the phrase, it zoomed in on Usagi's thumb and then it zoomed out and played the scene were Usagi's nails turned pink/red. The dub also added extra sound effects to the transformation.
- The way her transformation ends with roses in Crystal is similar to how in the transformation sequence for Moon Crystal Power, Make Up, Usagi assumes her finishing pose with pink flowers covering the Crescent moon in the back ground.
- In the old Korean and new Indonesian dubs of the first anime this transformation was edited in order to avoid showing the nudity.