| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
Queen Beryl, the other Shitennou, Prince Endymion
Kunzite has long white hair and light tanned skin. Like the other generals, he wears a gray uniform with blue trimming, with white gloves, but he wears a white cape and his epaulettes have a blue gem on top..
In the anime, Kunzite's first appearance was during Nephrite's turn to gather energy for Queen Beryl.
After Nephrite's death, he appeared from time to time during Zoisite’s saga where he was attempting to obtain the Rainbow Crystals. When he challenged Tuxedo Mask for the crystals, Kunzite appeared and took them. When Zoisite was defeated by Sailor Moon and killed by Queen Beryl for disobeying her, Kunzite fought against the Sailor Senshi but Sailor Moon defeated him with Cosmic Moon Power.
For the rest of the series, Kunzite attempted to find Sailor Moon, often turning people into monsters to do so. After Beryl captured and brainwashed Tuxedo Mask to do her biddings, Kunzite fought alongside the brainwashed Tuxedo Mask.
In the penultimate episode of the first season, he attacks the Senshi in a cave, where they are transported to the past. Kunzite attacks Luna and Artemis, but when the Senshi return, all are defeated by Kunzite, who gets stronger every time they see him. Sailor Moon uses Cosmic Moon power and reflects one of Kunzite's energy blades at him. This finally kills Kunzite, and as he dissolves into nothingness, he states that he would be joining Zoisite in the afterlife very soon.
Kunzite is the most powerful of the four Shitennou. He has power over dark energy, through which he can use as energy blasts, energy blades, or a energy dome, which he used to trap the Sailor Senshi in.
- Kunzite is derived from from a variety of spodumene of the same name.
- In the DiC English dub, Kunzite's name is changed to Malachite.
- Interestingly, he is the only member of the Shitennou to be renamed after a completely different type of mineral, as opposed to just an alternate spelling of his original name.
- Kunzite was unique in the anime, in that he was the only Shitennou who did not find out Sailor Moon's civilian identity, the only one who created all of his youma from humans, the only one who did not wear any disguises, and the only one who died in combat with Sailor Moon. His costume was also the only one that included a cape.
- Kunzite was the first main villain whose death was directly responsible at the hands of Sailor Moon. Previously, all other main villain deaths were not done by the Sailor Senshi.
- He and Zoicite were the first same sex couple, followed by Sailors Neptune and Uranus in Sailor Moon S.