| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
Commander of the Far-Eastern Division
Queen Beryl, the other Shitennou, Prince Endymion
Jadeite was the first of the four Shitennou from the Dark Kingdom. It is later revealed that he was a general of Prince Endymion. This is the original depiction of the character created by Naoko Takeuchi.
Jadeite has very short, closely cropped hair, and is the only member of the Shitennou who can boast this trait. It is colored as a very pale blonde and is parted off to the right-hand side of his head. His eye color is grey. Outside of his disguises, he is typically seen wearing his Shitennou uniform. His accent color is red.
Jadeite is the first of the Dark Kingdom's Shitennou to appear in the manga. He appears in Volume 1, Act 1, but is not named until Act 2, when he calls himself the commander of the Far East. His first plot is to have a youma pose as Naru Osaka's mother at the Jewelry OSA-P store selling jewelry which drains its wearers of their energy. When this first plot fails, he moves on to his second plot, where he sets up a cram school attended by Ami Mizuno called Crystal Seminar, where students are drained of their energy.
After this, too, fails, his final plot, in Act 3, is to trap the senshi on a bus. He kidnaps students riding the 6:00 bus (#666, a reference to the devil) from Sendai Hill, which is near the Hikawa Shrine. He manages to hypnotize Rei into boarding the bus, and takes the bus to another dimension. Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury confront him, and Sailor Moon uses her Moon Frisbee to prevent him from moving. He can still, however, use powers stemming from his vision, and attacks both senshi. Sailor Mercury, prompted by Luna, throws a transformation pen at Rei, who immediately transforms into Sailor Mars and attacks him with one of her anti-evil scrolls.
Nephrite preserves his skeleton in a glass coffin and vows to bring him back to life, which he temporarily does when Princess Serenity is found. Unfortunately, he and the other Shitennou were immediately turned into precious stones afterwards.
In the later side story Casablanca Memories, Zoisite also tried and failed to avenge Jadeite's death.
Later, when the Silver Crystal appeared, it was revealed that during the Silver Millennium, Jadeite and the other Shitennou originally were not evil - they served under Prince Endymion as his guardians and advisors. They were, however, tempted by the power of the Dark Kingdom (like most other humans), and fell to it. They eventually become good again, and their spirits advise Mamoru when he needs their help.
- Naoko Takeuchi in her Materials Collection Art Book described him as being the second youngest Shitennou with an age of 18 years.
- His name is derived from the mineral Jadeite.
- He is the only member of the Shitennou who has the same accent color as his paired Sailor Senshi.
- In the first official Sailor Moon popularity poll, Jadeite was ranked the twentieth most popular character out of thirty eight choices.
- In a picture featuring the Sailor Senshi and the Shitennou, Jadeite is paired up with Sailor Mars. In Act 3, Jadeite even noted that Rei (before she became Sailor Mars) was beautiful, and had been attracted to her since the moment he first saw her.
- In Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Episode 3, he doesn´t die like his manga counterpart in his fight against Sailor Moon, Mercury and Mars.