Crystal Change Rod
Kurisutaru Chenji Roddo
Transforming into their evolved, more powerful Super Sailor forms
Mercury Aqua Rhapsody
- In the manga, each Senshi used their respective colored Sailor Crystals to transform into their stronger and evolved Super Sailor forms.
- They remained in use in the fifth and final season of the original anime; as opposed to the four Inner Sailor Soldiers transforming and evolving into their Eternal Sailor forms (alongside Eternal Sailor Moon) as they did in the Stars saga.
- The symbols that surround the Senshi’s planetary symbols and appear behind them at the end of their transformations are references to the items in the manga that the Inners use to perform their Super attacks. The lyre is the Mercury Harp (used for Mercury Aqua Rhapsody), the bow and arrow is the Mars Arrow (used for Mars Flame Sniper), the laurel is the Leaves of Oak (used for Jupiter Oak Evolution), and the roses are the Love Whip (used for Venus Love and Beauty Shock).
- Despite attaining their Super forms, the Outer Senshi were never seen transforming or using any kind of transformation item during the Stars season. However, in fanart and other fanworks, it is extremely common to see Outer versions of the Crystal Change Rod; the items surrounding their planetary symbols are universally pictured as the Space Sword (Uranus), the Deep Aqua Mirror (Neptune), the Garnet Orb (Pluto), and the Silence Glaive (Saturn).
- The name “Crystal Change Rod” comes from the toy replica released by Bandai.
- The wings on the sides of the Rods are a reference to Pegasus, the one who created the Rods in the first place. The same wings appear on the Kaleidomoon Scope and the Crystal Carillon (also created by Pegasus).