Pretty Solider Sailor Moon SuperS: All Members!! Championship Contest (美少女戦士セーラームーン SuperS・全員参加!!主役争奪戦/ Sailor Moon SuperS: Zenin Senkai!! Shuyaku Soudatsusen) is a fighting game by Angel (Bandai), released in Japan on March 29th, 1996 for the Nintendo Super Famicom.
The plot, which is developed through its story mode, involves the Senshi fighting each another to choose a new leader. After beating an enemy, Sailor Chibi Moon and Sailor Mars began teasing Sailor Moon, calling her undependable. The rest of the Sailor Senshi decided to have a fighting contest to choose their new leader. The Senshi is chosen by the player and then fights with each of the Solar System Senshi, including Sailor Neptune, Sailor Uranus, Sailor Pluto, and Sailor Saturn who was not in the previous edition of the game. Once the player beats each Senshi, their character becomes the leader and the main screen of the game and the beginning of the story mode changed to reflect their leadership status. The game's system includes secret moves, special techniques and desperation attacks, which could be used once the character was low on health or when the timer for the match was close to ending. Most attacks and techniques in the game are pulled from the SuperS season; however, moves such as Moon Tiara Action and Venus Love-Me Chain from earlier seasons did appear. Moves from the manga are included as well and moves such as Mars Snake Flare and Silence Buster were created for the game. In each of the game's modes, exlcuding tournament and trainer, the player is able to access the "Ability Customize System" which allows the player to use points, five, ten, fifteen, or thirty with a cheat, to apply to their character. Using points allows the player to increase the character's special attack, physical attacks, playfulness and defense, an option that increases the strength of the character's desperation attack.
The player's chosen character battles against the other nine Senshi in a tournament to become the new leader. Only the five Inner Senshi and Sailor Chibi Moon are available as playable characters in this mode.
The game features two Versus modes, one where the player's character battle against the game and the second involves the player battling against a second player. All ten Senshi are playable characters in Versus Mode.
In this mode, the player can learn the character's moves and train with them. Training Mode is synonymous to a "Practice Mode".
- Super Sailor Moon
- Super Sailor Mercury
- Super Sailor Mars
- Super Sailor Jupiter
- Super Sailor Venus
- Super Sailor Chibi Moon
- Sailor Pluto (Non-Playable in Story Mode)
- Sailor Uranus (Non-Playable in Story Mode)
- Sailor Neptune (Non-Playable in Story Mode)
- Sailor Saturn (Non-Playable in Story Mode)
- Tuxedo Mask (Non-Playable)
- Helios (Non-Playable)
Each of the battle stages belong to one of the characters as their "home stage".
- Water Fountain at the Park (Sailor Uranus)
- Dead Moon Circus: Day (Super Sailor Mercury)
- Dead Moon Circus: Night (Super Sailor Venus)
- Silver Millennium (Super Sailor Moon)
- Hikawa Shrine (Super Sailor Mars)
- Juuban Shopping District (Super Sailor Jupiter)
- Trone of the Silent Messiah (Sailor Saturn)
- Sea Port (Sailor Neptune)
- Space-Time Door (Sailor Pluto)
- Elysion (Super Sailor Chibi Moon)
- Super Sailor Moon is one of the slowest characters in the game.
- Super Sailor Mercury is the second fastest character in the game, and the fastest of the Inner Senshi.
- Super Sailor Mars is an all-around character, but with a slight advantage: her attacks burn the opponent, which gives the player more time to set up for follow-up attacks.
- Super Sailor Jupiter has the most standard-attack power of the Inner Senshi, but at the cost of being one of the slowest characters in the game. Her attacks can also electrocute the opponent, giving the play more time to set up for a follow-up attack.
- Super Sailor Venus is an all-around character. She is not fast nor slow, and not strong nor weak. Her attacks can be executed with relative ease, making her an ideal character to start off with.
- Super Sailor Chibi Moon has the weakest attacks, but they have good range, and can be executed with relative ease. Because she is the shortest in the game she is able to avoid attacks such as Deep Submerge and Mars Flame Sniper simple by standing.
- Sailor Pluto is one of the tallest character in the game, "crouching block" ability is not as effective as other characters as she is still hit by most attacks due to her height. Her attacks can shield her from incoming attacks better than the other senshi, also having good range.
- Sailor Uranus is the fastest character, and one of the strongest. Being one of the tall characters, her "crouching block" is still hit by most attacks.
- Sailor Neptune is another all-around character. She is not fast nor slow, and not weak nor strong. Her attacks have good range. Like her partner, Sailor Uranus, her "crouching block" is not as good as the shorter characters.
- Sailor Saturn has several powerful and well-rounded attacks, as well as good speed. Her attacks can be executed with relative ease, making her a recommended character for beginners.