The Amazoness Quartet are the most powerful followers of Queen Nehellenia, along with Zirconia. They are all young girls possessing orbs that give them eternal childhood. Their names are VesVes, CereCere, JunJun, and PallaPalla.
The Amazoness Quartet were playing in the forest when they found a dream mirror, which Queen Nehellenia spoke to them through, and began working for her when she gave them their orbs, to keep them young forever.
When it became clear the Amazon Trio could not find Pegasus, Zirconia sent them to eliminate the Amazon Trio. PallaPalla summoned a Lemure named Mr. Magic Pierrot to kill them. However, Mr. Magic Pierrot was destroyed.
From here, the Amazoness Quartet took over searching dream mirrors for Pegasus. They never had to look into them, however, as they were told that the dream mirror that contained Pegasus would be a golden mirror. They searched several dream mirrors and sent several Lemures to fight the Sailor Senshi when they tried to stop them, but all the Lemures were destroyed.
The Amazoness Quartet was always getting on Zirconia's nerves (though Nehellenia insisted she keep them around), often calling her an "old lady". They also disliked the idea of growing up, feeling it would destroy their dreams.
Eventually, the Amazon Quartet fought the Sailor Senshi, but were recalled by Zirconia and given power by Queen Nehellenia. Inside the circus tent, they gained the advantage over the Sailor Senshi, but when Sailor Chibi Moon called Pegasus, Sailor Moon defeated them. They survived, but Sailor Chibi Moon became trapped by Nehellenia shortly after, switched her around with a doll so they could ride Pegasus. They were unable to, however, and Queen Nehellenia imprisoned them inside mirrors in another dimension as punishment after finding out about the doll identity trick.
Queen Nehellenia returned them to Zirconia's room during Zirconia's fight with the Sailor Senshi, after Zirconia pleaded with Queen Nehellenia for more assistance because he was losing the battle with the Sailor Senshi team. He then decided to drain the Amazoness Quartet's power for himself to seek revenge on the Sailor Senshi team, seeing that he was losing the battle with them. The Sailor Senshi convinced the Amazoness Quartet to crush their orbs, and that this would not destroy their dreams even though it meant giving up their eternal childhood. Without their orbs, they no longer possessed Nehellenia's power, but this also meant they couldn't be controlled by Zirconia anymore as part of the Dead Moon Circus, so they were now free to roam by themselves. After realizing that they were tricked by Zirconia and were about to die, and having realized that Sailor Moon was there to help save them but didn't have enough power to defeat the now powerful Zirconia and Queen Nehellenia, they decided on a plan to help Sailor Moon. During the Sailor Senshi's fight with Queen Nehellenia, they switched the Golden Crystal (which was in her possession) with a pineapple, and gave the Golden Crystal to Sailor Moon to enhance Sailor Moon's powers.
After Queen Nehellenia decided to leave Earth and return to her own mirror, the Amazoness Quartet decided to leave quietly without a farewell to the Sailor Senshi, saying they might see the Sailor Senshi again sometime and that this is "their style" of a farewell.
In the manga, the Amazoness Quartet are present from the very beginning of the Dead Moon Circus' arrival. In the beginning, they discover that the Sailor Senshi can no longer transform and, under orders from Zirconia, they send out the Amazon Trio to attack Sailor Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter. However, during each attack, the Sailor Senshi meet other versions of themselves and gain powered up transformations. They then attack the Senshi directly when Sailor Venus approaches Dark Circus, hoping to regain her transformation as well. Sailor Venus then powers up, after learning that the Senshi powers had only been suppressed for a "growth spurt", and with the help of the other Senshi, defeat the Amazoness Quartet.
Sailor Moon confronts the Amazoness Quartet later on when going to rescue Sailor Chibi Moon and Sailor Saturn and tries to get them to not give up on their dreams, but Nehellenia attacks them before they can take her hand and traps them in crystal orbs. Later, it is discovered that they are actually the Sailor Quartet, who were sleeping in the Amazon when Nehelenia found them and brainwashed them. They were destined to become Sailor Chibi Moon's sailor team and they return to sleep in the Amazon, saying that they will reawaken when she becomes a full fledged Sailor Senshi.
Later in the middle of the Stars arc, they return and join Sailor Chibi Moon in helping Sailor Moon.
- The Amazoness Quartet, as well as the next group of villains the Sailor Animamates, are the only villains known to be Sailor Senshi in some shape or form, as opposed to members of a secret society such as the Dark Kingdom, or being a non human entity. However unlike the Sailor Animates, the Amazoness Quartet were not controlled by Chaos, instead they were four young human circus performers who were controlled by Queen Nehellenia, in which they were promised to stay young forever under her power.
- Unlike the previous villain group in the arc the Amazon Trio, the Amazoness Quartet are human being, which is odd due to their similar names, both groups practically have nothing in common.
- The Amazoness Quartet were the only sub-villain group in the manga that were never destroyed, they were rather healed by Sailor Moon and returned to their true forms as the Sailor Senshi of Sailor Chibi Moon.
- Their group name is likely derived from the mineral Amazonite, which is sometimes called Amazon stone.
- In the manga they were turned into Sailor Senshi, but for an unknown reason they never became Sailor Senshi in the first anime. This could have been because they were never turned back into stones and brought to Neo-Queen Serenity.