| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Pages carrying this template may contain issues which will be fixed as soon as an editor is available to do so. Please bear with us while improvements are being made. Therefore we request visitors to give editors time and patience to work on the page and assume good faith until the edits are complete. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause in the meantime.
Please be aware that pages which are not given such a chance before this template is removed will be protected until an experienced editor is available to work on the page.
- This page for the thirty-eighth chapter of the manga series. For the episode of the second anime series, please see Act 38 - Infinity 12, Infinite, Journey (episode).
“Act 38 - Infinity 12, Infinite, Journey”
|Act 38 無限12—無限大―旅立ち|
|Act 38 Mugen 12 Mugendai Tabidachi|
Sailor Saturn uses her Silence Glaive and successfully annihilates the Death Busters into oblivion, and the Outer Senshi decide to take care of Hotaru when she is reborn and reincarnated as a newborn baby with Sailor Saturn's spirit lying dormant within her. A few weeks later, Chibiusa prepares to head back to Crystal Tokyo while Usagi and the others begin High School.
The Senshi and Tuxedo Mask watch as the world begins to end. As Pharaoh 90 is being forced from the Earth, a bright light appears on the surface revealing Super Sailor Moon. Sailor Saturn sends Pharaoh 90 back to the Tau System and, at Saturn's plea, Sailor Pluto closes the portal between the systems with Saturn on the other side. Sailor Moon uses her great power as Princess Serenity and revives everyone in Tokyo. A beam of light appears within the ruins, and the Outers discover an infant Hotaru. The Outers agree that all three of them will raise her as their younger sister. Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna leave with a promise that they will return again someday.
A few weeks later, Usagi and the others are finally High School students, and Chibiusa prepares to go back to the future on the same day a solar eclipse is expected to occur. Chibiusa and Usagi go on a walk with Mamoru while Rei, Makoto, Ami, and Minako go another way. All of them watch as the eclipse occurs Usagi and Chibiusa hear a noise behind them. The two turn to see a white Pegasus with a golden horn appear before them, just as the new moon completely blocks out the sun. The Pegasus then pleads that they help him.
- The title for this chapter can also be titled "Setting Off."
- This brings an end to the Infinity saga of the manga, and begins the Dream saga.
- According to Chibiusa's letter, the solar eclipse (and the arrival of the Dead Moon Circus) occurred on (or around) April 1st.
- In the original release of the manga, this chapter is followed by two special stories, Princess Kaguya's Lover (which was made into a feature-length movie for the original anime's third season) and Casablanca Memories, which focuses on Rei and her relationship with her long-lost father.